Thank you Sally.
I will copy this & give it to our local Obstetricians.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 9:47 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] unscarred Uterine rupture

The Golan study concerned ninety-one cases of uterine rupture during a
five-year period. Of these, 61 occurred in normal uteri while 32 were
found in patients who had undergone a previous section. There were nine
maternal deaths, and all occurred in the group of mothers who had not
had previous cesarean surgery. The fetal mortality was also much worse
for the women without previous cesareans. The fetal mortality for the
previous cesarean group [who experienced uterine rupture] was twenty-two
percent, while it was more than triple, or seventy-four percent, in the
unscarred group [who experienced rupture]. The ruptured uteri in the
normal, unscarred group were, for the most part, associated with
oxytocin administered during labour." (Joy of Natural Childbirth, 1994)