This is a story in the US where a doctor has had her obstetric and gynae
license suspended and is in front of the medical review board because her 8%
c-sec rate is too low and she is practicing "unsafe medicine"!.
"You get about $700 more than the vaginal birth. So you actually get paid
more to do the quickest, easiest thing, compared to sitting at the bedside
or being in the hospital with the patient," said Murphy.

 http://www.ktuu.com/CMS/anmviewer.asp?a=14312&z=4

Of course it is only a short article and we don't know all the details but I
find it a scary situation. Maybe she should practice as a midwife instead. A
doula on another list I am on posted it today.

Honey