Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Encouraging twins into a good presentation.

Hi Yvette,  I hate to see someone worried about position  at 34 weeks.  Certainly if the baby is clearly a breech presentation in a singleton, 34 weeks is a good time to get going on encouraging a turn around.  The thing that's different with twins is that you're not going to do a version for breech anyway.  Remember that your lovely uterus is ovoid in shape.  As these babies get bigger, the shape of the uterus will press them into a longitudinal lie, either cephalic or breech but not transverse.  It's simply a matter of letting nature take it's course.  Be patient, acknowledge yourself for carrying these babies past 32 weeks and let them do what they're going to do.  It would be extremely unusual if they persist in being in odd positions past 36 weeks.  Even the tightenings of the birth process will press the head or bum towards the bony pelvis.
I'm excited to hear the news of their arrival.  Best regards, Gloria