Following the post from Lynne Staff, and others who talk of supportive (might even say sensible) obstetricians who do practice woman friendly care. Wouldn't it be good if some of these rare creatures came out and spoke to their less supportive colleagues about their methods, beliefs and results.

I feel conflicted about this because they have access to the same information as the rest of us but are obviously motivated by different things (money perhaps???) in the decisions they make for their clients. I think we will have much more chance of educating women to reject their dangerous practices. Women are sometimes more open to reflection on this stuff after a poor experience. I doubt very much that the Obs I hear about whose standard lines are "Do this or your baby will die." have very much invested in providing appropriate social care, yk?
Of course anything that works has got to be good! Marsden Wagner talks convincingly about his conversion.