A tip I heard from a few mums / nannies was that if you make a snip at
the end of the dummy, they quickly get bored of it - it no longer
provides that soothing suck so they become disinterested. My son had a
dummy which helped his reflux when he was little, but gave it up on his
own when his teeth came through - he kept biting holes in them and
ruined them.

Best Regards,

Kelly Zantey
BellyBelly & Toys4Tikes