True. But you get false positives or false negatives, correct? So there is a chance that you get prepared for a CF child, and get a healthy one, or prepare for a healthy child and give birth to a sick baby. But of course, there’s a greater chance that a test is correct.

Anyway, the test is out there, if the country can afford it they might as well make it routine as long as women are not pressured into taking it and are the last ones to make an informed decision.

Vedrana

From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of Robyn Dempsey
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 7:29 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: [ozmidwifery] CF screening

Who says that because testing is available, that you have to terminate?

The testing allows choice.

My sister has made friends who have children with CF, they knew they carried the gene and took the attitude " I know what to do with CF kids, it doesn't bother me".

Once again, I read judgment.

Testing allows choice.....the choice to terminate, or the choice to prepare for a child with extra needs.

Robyn D