Michel Odent has written quite a bit about this problem of toxins stored in fat and their release during weight loss, especially in relation to preconception care. He has even developed a strategy for preparing the body for pregnancy that involves ridding the body of these toxins - he's called it The Accordian Method".

I am not in the office at present, but I can give you a reference from his Primal Health Newsletter - one issue (from memory) was devoted to these ideas. He has references as well. Will try and find it and post it to the list.

Cheers

Andrea