Hi,

I lived in US, when expecting my first one and there it was always in the magazines, that all women planning pregnancy or pregnant should take folic acid supplements. Here in Finland we don't really hear about folic acid. It is mainly the iron, that is suggested during pregnancy. Or multivitamins. Pharmaceutical companies are recommending all sorts of stuff, but what really are the important ones... What kind of supplements do you midwives recommend for your clients to take during pregnancy and breastfeeding?

Päivi
Independent Childbirth educator
Finland