Mary just off the top of my head a baby's vitamin K levels are reduced at birth as a consequence of poor placental transportation of vitamin K. As nature hasn't got much wrong in the birth process you would assume this is the way it is meant to be and increasing maternal vitamin k would unpredictably increase the baby's vitamin K levels anyway. The question is do we  really want to do it and mothers need to know that they can decline the vitamin K offered.

Andrea Q