Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] weight loss

I have personal experience of another Mum who was on tegratol and lamictal and had similar scenario. Bub really struggled for some months as Mum perservered but eventually bub needed to be comped and has never looked back. Give it a bit longer if bub is happy as weight is not everything but if bub is showing signs that he is hungry then offering a comp will allow him to tell you whether this is what he needs or not. If it isnt he wont take it.  He might only need a small amount once or twice a day to tope up what he is getting from mum and this will allow them all to relax and get on with it.  Worrying about him being unhappy will not do anything for her supply
Andrea