I have been away from my computer, so a bit of a time lag with this posting.
I have previously collected cord blood for storage and was told it had to be
as much of the blood as possible, the more the better. As I routinely
practice physiological 3rd stage,(average 30 mins) there is hardly any blood
left to collect when it is expelled by maternal effort as it has all gone to
the baby (where I believe it belongs). I am assuming this would not be
enough blood for storage even if removed from the placental vessels by
syringe. What kind of "physiological" 3rd stage would have enough blood
left? MM

"I also have done cord blood collection after a physiological third stage.
And they have also been done after C/S.  Maureen"