  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Diane Gardner
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:10 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] setting up a website

Hi Kristin

The first thing you have to do is register your domain address. I did it
with Anchor Systems Ltd
http://www.anchor.com.au which costs me $65 for 2 years. When I asked them
why they were so cheap they told me because they don't rip you off. I have
had a registration with them for 3 years now and there was no probs renewing
it. You can also register through Telstra etc. Just shop around because they
all vary in price depending on the company BUT they all do the same thing so
more expensive is not necessarily better.

You have to decide what it is you want in a website and whether you want to
sell on it or just an info site. I've found that the selling on there can
gert quite complicated so decided not to do it. Mine was done with a friend
in Oklahoma but I also had another one designed with Gary Hegedus here in
Melbourne who also filmed a DVD for me and it won't be up and running for a
few months yet as I am still gathering information for him. He was really
easy to deal with and lots of good ideas.

His website is www.ghproductions.com.au so check it out. He charges $500 to
do a website including graphics as long as it isn't a 300 page website. He
does them pretty quickly and has had a lot of years of experience wthin the
media industries. Such a bargain and a really nice guy. I highly recommend
him and that's important these days with so many around.

regards

Diane G

www.dianegardner.com.au