There are studies that suggest that babies with any form of pharmacological
pain relief including and emphasising epidural pain relief cause delayed
time in the first breast feed and consequently reduced longevity of breast
feeding .  Right now I can¹t site you to any references but they are
definitely around.  I¹ll  confirm the ones I Œm aware of ASAP,
Abbey
Please feel free to remind me!