  From: Susan Cudlipp
  To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
  Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] waterbirth

  Mary, you may also be interested to know that our brand new bath (where I
work) is yet to be used because we -apparently - have to have a policy in place
before women are allowed to use it for labour!  Even though no other hospital
seems to have seen this as a necessary requirement.
  Births in this pristine piece of porcelain  are verbotten, but we will
utilise the KEMH policy for 'unplanned' waterbirths. However we are still
wondering when the powers that be will actually risk letting our labouring
women get into the bath. It's been sitting there unused for some months now!!

  Merry Christmas to you too, and to all on the list
  Sue