It is my understanding that a grade 2 placenta praevia is lying low in the uterus and bordering the internal os but not covering it and will not necessarily inhibit the passage of the baby and thus prevent the woman from birthing vaginally. If no further bleeding occurs then vaginal birth should be possible
Andrea Quanchi
On 23/12/2006, at 9:22 AM, A & C Palmer wrote:

Where is she in NSW, Australia?

It may be difficult for her to gain midwife led care as a non- resident of Australia because she has private health cover and she would need to follow the private health lines.

I have US friends living here, who have wanted midwife care and the only Sydney metro hospital to accept them was Hornsby. They wanted to be cared for by midwives even though they are classified as private. Every other hospital they approached insisted on an Obs caring for them. Hornsby have agreed to providing midwifery team care and the hosp will charge the US health fund at the end of all the care.

This may not be helpful in finding appropriate care for this lady right now, but she may encounter some difficulties from a non- resident point of view.

Cath Palmer

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:owner- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Diane Gardner
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 6:55 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Urgent advice please

I received this from a friend in the USA and would appreciate any midwives in NSW to reply.

"I have just been contacted by a client who is 32 weeks pregnant (I am also her midwife) She is on holiday in Australia and has just discovered she has a grade 2 placenta previa following a bleed. Not a great situation to be in! I don't know the system in Australia (NSW) but she has received some pretty rough care and advice so far and has been told she will need a c-section. I gather that NSW is pretty litigernous from her but don't know what to advise her re best place to go etc. Are there any midwives / health proffesionals
that can advise her in Australia?
In appreciation.

Thankyou in advance for any replies.

regards