From: Janet Fraser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Sent: Wednesday, 27 December, 2006 5:19:51 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Dr Jose Villars and pre-eclampsia

Lea said: "Even though they are referring to new ways of treating with drugs, I
think both these articles actually point to nutrition having a huge effect. If
they are finding that "Evidence suggests that the disorder is triggered when
the fetus is not able to absorb sufficient amounts of oxygen from the placental
blood supply..." then what is it that would enable better ability to absorb
oxygen from the placental blood supply?...good nutrition - which allows a
healthy placenta to develop. So Dr Tom Brewer's idea that pre-eclampsia can be
avoided by excellent nutrition during pregnancy still holds true as we find out
more and more about the condition from studies."

Well that's what I think but fans of this doctor stuff keep telling me that all
it proves is that nutrition is absolutely nothing to do with PE and Brewer is a
crank. I don't see many women whose surgeons tell them how to eat to avoid PE
but I see a lot of midwifery input in this.
Very interesting and ta for the articles!!