" The comment about "not even being offered a panadol" suggests the Mama wanted
a managed (medicated) birth and perhaps she's distressed that she didn't get
that; maybe in time it will become something she is thankful for, instead.  "

I doubt it Felicity..the cynic in me says that theres a complaint coming
because she didn't get an epidural :) It's a common theme...I didn't get to the
birthing suite in time to have.....a...b...or c.....with disappointed look on
face! Women will often look at you strangely when you suggest it's ok if they
have their baby in the loo/shower etc.........sorry just a cynical hosptial
midwife!!!!
Lisa