Neither version does that - the relationship between sharepoint and exchange
is not that strong.
that is why I am very successful at selling this product: KWizCom Calendar
Plus (Professional Edition) (talk to me if you are interested - the
professional edition supports viewing Microsoft Outlook shared calendars)

If you want to develop your own, I'd look at making a BCS-compatible web
service on the exchange front that exposes the data to sharepoint, and then
sharepoint 2010 will be able to display it in a BCS list. That is a case for
2010 if you like, but the effort involved and the outcome will not meet
customer expectations.

I'd recommend to anyone starting with sharepoint to always install the
latest version (2010) . Even though I dont have a 2010 version for the
product above (release expected in september-november), I would not
recommend to your client to install 2007 just so they'd buy the product from
me - instead, tell them to go 2010, solve all other issues they are trying
to resolve (document management? collaboration?) in a much better and more
efficiect manner, and when a 3rd party product is available for 2010 to do
the exchange calendaring, purchase it and install.

Ishai Sagi
Solution Architect and Director
Microsoft SharePoint MVP, MCTS
Mobile: 04-88-789786
Web: www.extelligentdesign.com  <http://www.extelligentdesign.com/>
Email: sa...@extelligentdesign.com
Blog: www.sharepoint-tips.com
[image: Extelligent logo.gif]

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Jeff Headley <jeff_head...@yahoo.com.au>wrote:

> I have a cautious client about to put in MOSS where they're leaning toward
> 2007 but open to 2010 if I can make a case. One requirement has priority,
> and I'm wondering if anyone knows any difference between MOSS 2007 & 2010 in
> this area?
>
> They use Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 for each of 30 people who enter
> their own appointments of who's coming to see them. The receptionist wants
> to see a report in a SharePoint web part that rolls up all 30 calendars and
> lists them in half hour time slots, so she can see everyone due at 9:30am
> then everyone coming at 10:00am and so on.
>
> Is anyone aware of any feature or approach to this that would argue for
> 2010 over 2007 so I could recommend the client go with the newer rather than
> older version?

<<Extelligent logo.gif>>