Iain - very true. MS has answered a lot of customer requirements in the new
version (sadly, some of them only available in the server version and not in
foundation).
The argument here is that 2010 is more mature than 2007 (which I consider to
be the firsts mature version of sharepoint *ever* since you can actually do
stuff with it). As I said - do not start clients on 2007 anymore. any client
considering the two should go with 2010. existing users of 2007 are a
different matter (my current customer cannot upgrade for a while, so new
projects are going ahead and targeting 2007 sadly)