This happens when you have a list level content type (as opposed to a site
level content type) with a name that is the same as a site level content
type. When that happens, trying to deploy content types as part of a feature
will fail with the error you described - even if your feature does not have
the conflict itself - its enough that there is a conflict in the site.

I need to report this to MS...

Ishai Sagi
Solution Architect and Director
Microsoft SharePoint MVP, MCTS
Extelligent Design
SharePoint Consulting, Training and Products
Mobile: 04-88-789786
Web: www.extelligentdesign.com
Email: sa...@extelligentdesign.com
Blog: www.sharepoint-tips.com