Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm sure someone else out there must be
suffering from the same issue.

Whenever I try and open a word document directly from any SharePoint 2010 site
(could be 2007 as well) MS Word 2010 will attempt to open the file and then
immediately crash. I have had this problem for a long time but only today did I
got so frustrated that I looked further into the issue.

[cid:image001.png@01CC6CC7.82C19C40]

I have been successfully able to reproduce this error on what was a correctly
functioning pc. Basically as soon as I install SharePoint Designer 2010 (32bit
my case) on Windows 7 64bit with Office Professional Plus (32bit) I get this
problem. Uninstalling designer does not resolve this issue. Only way I have
found to resolve this issue is revert back to restore point prior to install of
designer. This doesn't help for me as I installed designer a long time back
plus I need it to do my job :).

Has anyone else run into this issue. Surely Microsoft knows about this

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Trent Allday

<<inline: image001.png>>