I was thinking of something along the lines of the Subversion / Trac
integration.  It might be nice to be able to pull work item information
and source control information from TFS and display it within the wiki.

 

I just got done doing a consulting engagement for a client to integrate
ScrewTurn with TFS.  I'm wondering how much interest there would be in
something like this.  I might like to rewrite this integration and make
it available as an open source project on CodePlex.

 

Would anyone be interested in contributing to such a project?

 

I might also produce a commercial version which has more advanced
features.

 

One use case scenario that I'm personally interested in is to be able to
author source code tutorials within the wiki, for the purpose of
teaching other team members.  The integration would allow me to pull
source code snippets directly out of TFS and display it within the
wiki-based tutorial.  I think that would be pretty cool.

 

-          Kevin

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Grant
Holliday
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 2:34 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Using a wiki with TFS

 

One of the things that TFS2010 will allow you to do is point the
'Process Guidance' pages to an arbitrary URL. e.g. a wiki.

 

One of the scenarios is that you might have a standard process guidance
for all projects within a company. Currently TFS has a copy of process
guidance for each team project. By changing this to an arbitrary URL -
all projects could point to the same guidance.

 

To achieve something like this in TFS2008 - you could replace the
existing ProcessGuidance.htm with a html redirect to a wiki.

 

 

What sort of integration would you be looking for?

 

 

Grant

 

 

________________________________

From: [email protected] [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wes MacDonald
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:20 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Using a wiki with TFS

I have not used a wiki with TFS but one of the benefits I could see
would be living documentation and the ease at which it could be edited
by people on the team.
 
MOSS has a wiki site template if you were looking for one.
 
Wes
 
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: December 6, 2008 3:15 PM
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject: Using a wiki with TFS
 

Hello,

 

I just subscribed to this mailing list.

 

I have some questions for you all ... 

 

Is anyone out there using a wiki in combination with TFS?  

If so, which wikis do you use?  

How do you integrate the wiki with TFS?  (Custom integrations,
third-party plug-ins, etc.)

What would be the advantage of using a wiki vs. the built-in SharePoint
project portals?

 

Thanks for your feedback.

 

-          Kevin Dietz

-          Timpani Software, Inc.

-          http:/www.timpanisoftware.com/tfs

 

________________________________

List address: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
<http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs> 
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
<http://www.codify.com/lists>  

________________________________

List address: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
<http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs> 
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
<http://www.codify.com/lists>  

________________________________

List address: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
<http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs> 
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
<http://www.codify.com/lists> 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List address: [email protected]
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists

Reply via email to