I thought of that, but it seems not to matter what permissions I grant
to them.
 
Bear in mind I am adding them as a TFS Admin, and another user is adding
as a Project Administrator of her project. Also, that wouldn't explain
why the data doesn't make it to the tfsWorkItemTracking tables, unless
the synchronisation routine itself was not able to access the items.
 
I have a feeling in the back of my mind that the synchronisation routine
may be trying to synch the areas and iterations to the wrong server, but
my feedback from the forum was that in that case I would be seeing an
error in the event log.
 
Dylan.
 

________________________________

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mitch Denny
Sent: Friday, 12 December 2008 11:13 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Curly problem with Areas and Iterations



Warning: Email may contain offensive content. You are advised not to
view email or attachments unless sent from a known and trusted source.

 

Hi Dylan,

 

I'm actually wondering if its a permissions issue. Areas and iterations
can have rights assigned to them...

 

Mitch Denny | Principal Consultant | Readify Pty Ltd | M: +61 (0)414 610
141 

 
<http://readify.net/about-readify/press/readify-makes-2008-mis-strategic
-100-list/> 

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dylan Tusler
Sent: Friday, 12 December 2008 9:51 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Curly problem with Areas and Iterations

 

I've got a post on the MSDN forums, but the overnight pace of replies is
getting a bit wearing, so I'll see if anyone here has some insight.

 

We recently migrated our TFS installation (via restore-based move) to a
new domain, but since then it appears that we can create new areas and
iterations, but they don't then become available to assign to work items
or queries.

 

At a low technical level, I can look in the TFS database and see that
there are new records created in the TFSIntegration.tbl_nodes table but
that there are no corresponding records created in the
TFSWorkItemTracking.TreeNodes table.

 

Does anyone know what process is responsible for synchronising these
tables, and how I can see if it is having problems? So far the best
response I've got via MSDN is that I will need to do some "jiggery
pokery around the sync process" but at this time of year it's likely to
be several days before I get anything clearer.

 

We don't appear to have any relevant errors in our server event logs.

 

For reference the MSDN forum thread is at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfsgeneral/thread/2aae4028
-edc6-40a4-ae52-d4c5556b33b3

Dylan Tusler
Team Leader - Development, Data and Integration Unit
Information Technology
Sunshine Coast Regional Council
ph: +61 (0)7 5441 8202
"Your Technology Solutions Partner" 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------
The Sunshine Coast Regional Council is now open for business. There is
nothing you need to do as we have taken care of everything for you to
ensure it is business as usual. Please continue to do business with your
local Council office where you will still find the same friendly faces
and the same great service. For further information head to the Sunshine
Coast Regional Council website: www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au
<http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/>  

This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. Any form of review, disclosure, modification,
distribution and or publication of this email message is prohibited
without the express permission of the author. Please notify the sender
immediately if you have received this email by mistake and delete it
from your system. Unless otherwise stated, this email represents only
the views of the sender and not the views of the Sunshine Coast Regional
Council.

maile 2_7_5

________________________________

List address: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 
Subscribe: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> 
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
<http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs> 
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
<http://www.codify.com/lists> 

________________________________

List address: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 
Subscribe: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> 
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
<http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs> 
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists
<http://www.codify.com/lists>  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List address: [email protected]
Subscribe: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
List FAQ: http://www.codify.com/lists/oztfs
Other lists you might want to join: http://www.codify.com/lists

<<image001.jpg>>

Reply via email to