it's a brave attempt to de-fang what is happening so that it doesn't
threaten a classic anti-capitalist position, fair enough,

(as they say in french, 'circuler, il n'y a rien a voir')

but seeking commonality, we can agree with the author that:

"Technology will always be used by capital to reinforce its domination, but
can equally be used by workers to create a society not based on profit but
on the requirements and needs of society. The battle for control may well,
as Marx stated, be the key to human liberation, but rather than being
located in the “immaterial”, such ­struggles are firmly rooted in the
material challenge to capitalism."

The point is, not just to understand the world, but to do something about
it <g>

The professor's way , given the magazine it's published in, is likely to
count on the workers to strike against capital; but not to actually create
alternatives that take advantage of the new material conditions.

Michel

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 2:13 PM, peter waterman <peterwaterman1...@gmail.com

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/

Blog - http://www.blog.p2pfoundation.net
Wiki - http://www.p2pfoundation.net

Show some love and help us maintain and update our knowledge commons by making
a donation. Thank you for your support.
https://blog.p2pfoundation.net/donation