Hello everybody,
                I do not know if anybody has asked for this, but I have
modified packetfence to be able to send Wake-on-LAN packets from the Node->
Action menu. I also have a little bash script that can be scheduled with cron
to autostart computers reading from the packetfence tables. I do not mind
adding it to GitHub, just wanted to check with you guys to see if that would be
a feature you are interested in. We are finding it helpful to autowake certain
labs or wake up computers for updating.  I am not a real developer, but I
copied and modified the floating device code to be able to store broadcast
addresses in a configuration file and edit it using the Configuration tab
similar to floating devices. I then modified the action menu to be able to send
the selected mac address to a particular broadcast address to the wakeonlan
utility.

Bart