Page 32 In Admin Guide shows the example

password server = 192.168.1.1

Would it be better to show?

password server = 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, *
or
password server = 192.168.1.1, *

I know this was my fault, but I only placed one of our Domain Controller's IP
in the smb.conf. When the Domain controller rebooted, I started getting the
below error message.

Fri May  1 08:22:17 2015 : Info: Child PID 22881 (/usr/bin/ntlm_auth) is taking
too much time: forcing failure and killing child.

I had to restart samba to fix it. By specifying an * it will use the IPs listed
as preferred then will use others if the preferred are not available.

Reference link:
https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smb.conf.5.html#PASSWORDSERVER

Thanks,
Bart