Hello all,

Louis, thanks for all your help:)

I finally took care of this issue, I think, and got myself situated with a
properly functional "sandbox" environment suitable for development. I must
say it involves quite a number of steps, from the code control to config,
etc.

One thing that finally made the difference was basically wiping my MySQL
engine clean - removing all user DB's, etc. Not sure what part of it was
truly necessary - but after I did it and reinstalled everything once again
things just started working. Not saying anything - just sharing for what
it's worth...

Cheers,

Boris.