Thomas Tsai wrote:
> So... once the 802.1x creds are associated the first time, does this actually
> register the computer once, and any further attempts is allowed?  My device
> pops up under nodes, but the actual status remains unregistered...

I did a quick test today, just to verify what happens.  I unregistered
the node and removed the role first.

When I plugged in the system and booted up, the host auth portion kicked
in.  This caused the node to go into a registered state, but left the
role blank.  The switch port was put into the host auth network as
expected.  When I logged in with a valid 802.1x user, the switch port
was placed into the proper user network.  The role in packetfence
remained empty.

So, it looks like 802.1x itself can register the node, but doesn't alter
the role at all.

I do have the autoregister code in /usr/local/pf/lib/pf/vlan/custom.pm
enabled, though.

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold

"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.\"
- Niven's Inverse of Clarke's Third Law