On 7/11/17 13:58, Louis Munro wrote:
> Hi Jason,
> Sorry for the delay. We've been busy with the latest release here...

No worries, I saw the release announcement.  So I'm behind.. again.. :P

> I think the issue below is that you have enabled autoregistration on the
> default profile.
> So your WIRED_MAC_AUTH devices are autoregistered, but since they don't
> provide a username (as they would if it were 802.1x) then PF has no way
> to assign them a role.

I found this, and when I disabled the autoregistration, the captive
portal showed up.  But it showed up for non-802.1x AND 802.1x devices alike.

> The solution is to create a profile that match MAC authentication and
> disable autoregistration on it.
> The devices will then be forced to register, i.e. they'll be placed
> behind the captive portal.

So a second, non-default, portal?  I'll give that a whirl and see what
happens..

Thanks!

--
---------------------------
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold

“Space,” it says, “is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how
vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s
a long way down the road to the chemist’s, but that’s just peanuts to
space.”
- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

  • [PacketFence-users] "... Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold via PacketFence-users
    • Re: [PacketFence-use... Louis Munro via PacketFence-users
      • Re: [PacketFence... Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold via PacketFence-users
        • Re: [PacketF... Louis Munro via PacketFence-users
          • Re: [Pac... Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold via PacketFence-users
        • Re: [PacketF... Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold via PacketFence-users
          • Re: [Pac... Louis Munro via PacketFence-users
            • Re:... Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold via PacketFence-users