Hey guys,

I’m new to pf and a little bit confused about a proper vlan setup for the vlan
enforcement. So far I’d like to have my setup checked please. My Question: Is
it possible that the management vlan and the “normal” aka production vlan are
the same? I know it is possible to have several prod vlans but in my case I
just want to have one.

In the Network Device Conf Guide its: Normal VLAN: 1, Registration VLAN: 2 &
Isolation VLAN: 3
In the OoB Zen Guide its: Mgmt VLAN 1, Reg VLAN 2, Isolation VLAN 3 & Normal
VLAN 10

My plans and my understanding is the following:

Pf server (following the guide):
Eth0            as      mgmt/normal     with    ip 10.0.0.x
Eth0 vlan 2     as      registration    with dhcp from pf (192.168.2.x)
Eth0 vlan       3       as      isolation               with    dhcp from pf
(192.168.3.x)

Switch
Default vlan (1) with ip 10.0.0.x
…
…

On uplink (Port 1) which is in the default vlan 1 and Port 2 as the trunk port
in all three vlans.

Regards,
Moritz