Dear Reader,

I got problems to use pf in combination with a ruckus smartzone controller, out
of band, webauth. I want users who  connect to the guest ssid to get the portal
and register with there email.

I configured the smartzone controller according to
PacketFence_Network_Devices_Configuration_Guide. Rest of the settings is all
default.

When a client connect to the guest ssid he  gets a application error
"Application error : Caught exception in captiveportal::Controller::Root"  full
error message is at the of this mail.
This happens with when using pf 7.3

When using pf 7.2 users who connect to the guest ssid do get the portal, they
can select email-based registration, they enter there email, now they should
get internet access for 10 min, but they don't, "Unable to detect network",
rebooting or waiting doesn't help. I can see on a other device that I get the
mail with the registration link, this does work, but the device doesn't get
access.
Correct me if I am wrong but pf should communicate with the ruckus controller
to signal that this device should given access. Now when looking with wireshark
I can see there is no communication between de controller and pf except snmp
get request from pf to controller that are random/time interval, but not in
sync with registration.

Maybe I do something wrong in the basis, I can imagine that I have to bind the
ruckus controller "switch" some how to the portal(?),but I also can imagen that
this is not needed because the ip of the controller is inside the portal
request.

If some one can help me with this, that would be great.

I am using the OVF verions of pf

Ruckus smartzone 3.5.1.0.862    I had version 3.4.2.0.152 before this with the
same results.

Best Regards

Barry

Here the full error message portal with pf 7.3

Application error : Caught exception in
captiveportal::Controller::Root->getLanguages "Can't call method "normalizedIP"
on an undefined value at
/usr/local/pf/html/captive-portal/lib/captiveportal/PacketFence/Model/Portal/Session.pm
 line 249." Caught exception in captiveportal::Controller::Root->setupLanguage
"Can't use string ("0") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at
/usr/local/pf/html/captive-portal/lib/captiveportal/PacketFence/Controller/Root.pm
 line 189." Caught exception in
captiveportal::Controller::Root->setupDynamicRouting "Can't call method
"normalizedIP" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/pf/html/captive-portal/lib/captiveportal/PacketFence/Model/Portal/Session.pm
 line 249." Caught exception in
captiveportal::Controller::Root->dynamic_application "Can't call method
"execute" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/pf/html/captive-portal/lib/captiveportal/PacketFence/Controller/Root.pm
 line 156."