Hubert,

I would assume you mean upgraded from 7.3.0 to 7.4.0;

I think by default, connection profiles support whatever locale your
browser requests.   Maybe confirm your local setup using mybrowserinfo.com
and make sure you are requesting the language you want.

Using locale=<blank> will let your browser select the locale.

You should probably just start with a clone of the default connection
profile with no languages specified and see if the problem occurs there
with the correct browser locale, both in the Preview from the admin GUI as
well as when you hit the captive portal directly.

Compare different devices with your desired locale setting set to rule out
the client.

If the problem goes away with a clone of the default connection profile,
you can focus on your profile configuration and files, opting to find the
difference by direct comparison.

I am not sure, but your locale setting may also require subtags;  I'm not
sure the "de" language identifier will actually match one of the German
locales. Check the notation is correct
https://www.w3.org/TR/ltli/#language-terminology

I don't use the locale setting myself.

cheers,