Hello Joshua,

i don't know your setup but what exactly are you trying to do ?

Based on the realm you want to forward to another radius server ?

Did you enabled packetfence-local-auth in Freeradius ? (https://packetfence.org/doc/PacketFence_Installation_Guide.html#_eap_guest_authentication_on_email_sponsor_and_sms_registration)

Regards

Fabrice

Le 2018-06-13 à 09:03, Josh Nathan via PacketFence-users a écrit :
Hello,

So, I'm running into trouble with 802.1X authentication...

When users include the domain name when authentication, EAP breaks with the strip username command.  If they don't include the domain name, the only way I've found to get PacketFence to perform the proxy is by forcing the domain (inserting "&Proxy-To-Realm := "bfacademy.de <http://bfacademy.de>" into the authorize section packetfence-tunnel).  However, if I force the domain, then it doesn't seem to search the local SQL database in the event that we've created a guest account.  Is there a documented way to do both?  We do need the 802.1X proxied to another RADIUS server.

Thanks,

Joshua Nathan
*IT Supervisor*
Black Forest Academy

p:      +49 (0) 7626 9161 630 m: +49 (0) 152 3452 0056
a:
w:      Hammersteiner Straße 50, 79400 Kandern
bfacademy.de <http://bfacademy.de/>

Fabrice Durand
fdur...@inverse.ca ::  +1.514.447.4918 (x135) ::  www.inverse.ca
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence