I presume that the PacketFence to Ruckus communication to authorize the client will only happen if Ruckus does the redirecting to the captive portal rather than PacketFence’s dns-enforcement.

*From:*Eric Rolleman
*Sent:* Tuesday, December 18, 2018 2:52 PM
*To:* 'packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net' <packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net> *Subject:* RE: [PacketFence-users] Captive Portal authorization Ruckus Interface logging

I started tcpdump on packetfence to filter for traffic to my Ruckus controller. tcpdump didn’t catch any traffic between PacketFence and the Ruckus Controller. There was no signal from PacketFence to Ruckus to indicate that the computer is authorized. PacketFence didn’t even try to communicate.

Is the hotspot feature of PacketFence broken in in 8.1?