Hello Jeff,

Le 20-09-08 à 10 h 21, Jeff Linden via PacketFence-users a écrit :

Hello,

Is it reasonable to think I can have a 3 node cluster where all 3 nodes are on separate, routed, networks?

Yes it's possible but the configuration will be more complicate. (on the pf side and on the network side too)

I see there is support for adding cluster nodes across routed networks, but the example is for a 5 node cluster where only 2 of the nodes are routed.

Is there any specific requirement that a cluster /must/ have 3 nodes in the same VLAN before adding routed nodes?  I’m going to try it, but thought I’d just pose the question to see if I’m  going to encounter anything terribly unexpected.

Yes, 3 nodes is to prevent split brain databases.

Thank you,

Jeff

PRIVACY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachments, is confidential and intended only for the named recipient(s). Unauthorized use, disclosure, forwarding, or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately by return e-mail.