Am Montag, 28. November 2016, 13:22:41 schrieb Olaf Hering:
> On Mon, Nov 28, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> > I asked couple of months why it is not branch from OBS and nobody replied.
> > I suppose we could kill it as it is now and convert it to the link layout
> > we have in place? Then it should at least build.
>
> I think for 42.1 it should be possible to submit the k3b from 42.2 to
> 42.1:Update. Then k3b would build against the dist provided ffmpeg and
> all should be fine. While there are many changes, none looks
> incompatible:

The problem is that openSUSE's k3b package will not contain the mp3 decoder
plugin even if built with ffmpeg.

For that one, libmad is necessary, which is not available in the official
repos.

So currently, I am very much against dropping k3b from Packman.

Regarding the question why k3b is not available for 42.1 in Packman, see here:
http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2016-November/014789.html

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang