I can't speak for others but I have other projects to work on. Nothing to
do with IDEs.
I don't think there is any other IDE in progress.
Except maybe Farabi, which seems to be a cool project but has not seen a
release since May:
   https://metacpan.org/release/Farabi
I don't remember if Ahmad is on this list or not. Ask him!

I am sorry, about the syntax highlighting part, I seem to only remember
that there is something in the code :)
Maybe even a blog post about it.

Gabor