No responses yet, so let me rephrase the question...
I ported an app from 3.1 to 3.5 and now the global Find dialog will not open
if I tap the Find button when my app is running. It won't open on my Palm
Vx, it won't open on my Palm VII, it won't open on any ROM I've tried with
Poser. It just gives a feeble beep. The other three silk-screen buttons
still work. And they all worked as expected before I ported to 3.5. What
could possibly be causing this?
My app isn't attempting to do anything to intercept the Find button click
and it isn't intercepting any keychars either, and the only launch command
the app responds to is sysAppLaunchCmdNormalLaunch. I have no clue what
could be causing this.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Burmeister" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Palm Developer Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 2:27 PM
Subject: Find disabled
> I just finished (well, I wish I was finished) upgrading an app from 3.1 to
> 3.5 and now I see that tapping the Find button no longer works (it just
> beeps) when my app is open. Does anybody know what could have changed?
All
> I did in the upgrade was:
> 1) Started with the 3.5 version of Starter.c.
> 2) Pasted in all my old defines, structures, globals, and functions.
> 3) Changed the header from <Pilot.h> to <PalmOS.h>.
> 4) Changed data types from Word to UInt16 (etc.)
> 5) Removed the original icons then added an Icon Family including a new
> color icon.
> 6) Added a Multibit icon (1001) for the small icon (since the Icon Family
> 1001 was ignored by the launcher).
> 7) Added Bitmap Families for all my bitmaps to include color versions.
> 8) Added code to check if color is enabled and draw some color on the
screen
> if so.
> 9) Added a new menu item & changed some text on some forms.
>
> I certainly didn't expect any of this to disable the global Find!
>
>
>
> --
> For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe,
please see http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html
>
>
--
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see
http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html