It may have to do with your form resource itself...if you're using a 
graphical resource editing tool (like Constructor), you may want to
check the form boundaries and attributes.  Also make sure your rsrc
file is loaded into your project correctly (duh) and the header file
is in with the source.  If your debugger is stopping at FrmInit, then
DrawForm isn't being reached, neither is FrmSetEventHandler, so your 
problem could also be with your EventLoop or SystemEventHandler/Menu
EventHandler/etc.  If nothing else, the FrmGotoForm call might be the 
culprit.  You can recreate the FrmGotoForm by erasing and freeing
up the current form, then sending a frmLoadEvent down to the EventLoop.
As this is pretty much what FrmGotoForm does, I can't see how it could
change anything, but it's worth a try if nothing else works, I guess.

-Rus

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Ben Hamby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2000 9:22 AM
>To: Palm Developer Forum
>Subject: RE: FrmInitForm
>
>
>Yes, that is correct, I do those in that order under the 
>larger application 
>handler, and it assigns formId to the correct number and then 
>crashes on 
>the FrmInit...the DrawForm is under the specific handler in 
>OpenEvent(I use 
>FrmSetEventHandler)...any idea why it might be causing an error?
>
>Thanks,
>ben
>
>
>At 08:55 AM 6/8/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>>In your application handler, your code looks like this, right?:
>>                 formId = event->data.frmLoad.formID;
>>                 frmP = FrmInitForm( formId );
>>                 FrmSetActiveForm( frmP );
>>In that order...and you call your FrmDrawForm up in that particular
>>form's handler, as a response to your frmOpenEvent?
>>
>>-Rus
>>
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >From: Ben Hamby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>> >Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2000 8:48 AM
>> >To: Palm Developer Forum
>> >Subject: FrmInitForm
>> >
>> >
>> >I have a question about switching to a new form....I have the
>> >FrmGotoForm
>> >statement and it closes the original form(the Palm screen goes
>> >blank when
>> >stepping through while in debug mode)...However, when it then
>> >goes into the
>> >ApplicationHandleEvent function and to the section relevant 
>section to
>> >frmLoadEvent, it always crashes when it gets to
>> >FrmInitForm....I'm sure
>> >this is a dumb little error somewhere on my part, but I was
>> >just wondering
>> >if anyone has seen this type of error before and could lend 
>some help.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Ben
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >The code in ApplicationHandleEvent that crashes:
>> >       if (event->eType == frmLoadEvent)
>> >               {
>> >               // Load the form resource.
>> >               formId = event->data.frmLoad.formID;
>> >               frm = FrmInitForm(formId);
>> >               FrmSetActiveForm(frm);
>> >
>> >
>> >--
>> >For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to
>> >unsubscribe, please see 
http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/support/forums/
> >
>
>--
>For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, 
>please see http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/support/forums/


-- 
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe,
please see http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/support/forums/

-- 
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see 
http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/support/forums/

Reply via email to