Codewarrior is windows based..not Linux..missed the point.. try using a Linux OS to write a Palm app..its almost not possible. so why does Palm choose to restrict the potential developer market?

no taking care for phone in a harsh environment isn't possbile. I would guess you don't work in 30+ foot ladders and in a dusty enviroment.. yes dropping a phone off a 2nd story happens unless you only working in an office not not fixing someone roof..yes I fix peoples roofs.. at $300 a phone forget it!. so take your phone and throw it against the brick wall..will it live..no..then it won't work for me..it might for you, but not me..sorry my last 2 phones..1 died because the mic's quite working properly the 2nd the I destroy the external display..I slide a table saw corner in the display..cracked the LCD.. I used the phone until the battery stopped taking a charge then moved to a GZone..2+yrs ago..so its possible..so take a step out and see how contractors use a phone, yes non office workers..when I worked in an office..I have those phones..

sorry delivery driver needing a rugged phone..you don't understand needing a rugged phone! think 10X this rugged! if you cannot throw it against a brick wall, and it still working noraml, its not rugged! MIL SPEC! i'm not joking here!!

I wish Palm would think about having something Linux based..the programming is MUCH EASIER.. you develope palm apps for a living. ever write an app the runs on WINDOWS, LINUX and A handheld? NO compiling needed? nothing special needed? just copy the files from development to the target? yes the app I wrote for my Nokia N810 works as on on Linux desktop and I'm sure it would run on a Windows desktop. with no code changes..It uses python2.6, pyqt and sqlite.

I agree about the paper receipts..I would just use pencil and paper to track the jobs and works then sent formal receipts later.

but this doesn't address why palm aren't rugged. there are PC that are! sure palms and pc aren't the same thing but to suggest that palm cannot be rugged and cheap..I don't but it.

so what's the next non phone after Palm Tx? separate the 2 function..the PDA stay safe..the phone..it might have to live having the crap beat out of it..put another way I don't need a PDA that I can beat the crap out of but its the phone as well..all bets are off.it'll get the crap beat out of it.

thanks to taking the time to anwser.

-dkenny