Thusitha,

One approach you could use would be to write your own application which uses
the scanner to read information, and then when a complete address book entry
has been scanned, open the Address Book application's database and create a
new record. Because the source code of Address Book is available you can
find out the exact format of the data in the Address Book database.

      -Bob Whiteman

[...]