I apologize for asking the obvious, as you may have already done this, but is
your app already multi-segmented? There is no option in the MSL, compiler or
linker that will automatically segment your app for you - you have to do this by
hand. Check out the Targeting Palm OS docs, the Multi-Segment project stationery
or the forum archives for more tips on creating a multi-segment application. If
your app is already multi-segmented, then the problem may be either that you
have 'Link Single Segment' checked in the 68K Linker panel (which should be
off), or elsewhere in your code, in which case you might have to unfortunately
poke around further or post some code snippets.
Hope this helps.
-- jkl
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ji Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: palm-dev-forum
To: "Palm Developer Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 3:20 PM
Subject: Multi-segment app
> Hi all,
>
> I am having problem running a rather huge app. I know that I can use "Smart"
> code model (CW) and
> MSL runtime library to build an app bigger than 64k, but somehow I still
> can't get it to work.
> Everytime the program tries to call a function beyond the first 64k segment,
> the emulator goes
> "... is attempting to change the emulated program counter to 0x00000052.
> This address is invalid
> because it's not in a vaild memory chunk. ..". I thought MSL library
> contains code that will allow
> jmp beyond multiple segments and etc. The program was launched with
> sysAppLaunchNormalLaunch command, so global variables needed for the jmp
> should be available..
>
> Please let me know anything I might have missed or any documents describing
> how it works in more
> detail.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Ji
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please
see http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/support/forums/
>
--
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see
http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/support/forums/