In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Stringer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote:

As someone who often uses full screen modal forms, I consider the 'dot'
issue a minor OS bug. The OS should be smart enough to recognize 160x160 modal forms and not draw these annoying dots in the corners.

I have never seen a need for using full screen modal forms in the almost 20 years of programming in various languages on a variety of OSs. The portion of the UI still visible behind the form is a convention of GUI programming communicating to the user that a specific choice needs to be made before the app can continue or that an error has occurred preventing the app from performing a task or continuing to function.

--
Steve Jerrett
Systems Analyst