> does it work like windows DLL ?
I guess the basis for all shared libs is same - I mean the underlying
threads are same...In Palm, a shared lib is a special collection of
executable code resources...it is really a collection of pointers to
functions...the pointers are arranged in an array ( a table-
entry )...the functions themselves are accessed by indices only ( in
Windows DLL, u can access them by name as well but in Palm u access
them by index...its done to squeeze bytes :-) )

Another catch with shared lib ( but not with windows DLL ) is that
shared libs could typically cannt use globals....( its cuz only one
app can be active at a time and hence global space is acceesible to
only active app )....however, u can allocate "kinda" global-vars in
in the negative part of a5. Please refer to literature/code URLs
mentioned by Dave and Eric for further details.

Lastly, if you use CW 9 ( v4.2.8 ), then creation of shared lib is
very easy. With earlier versions of CW, the programmer needed to
tweak many things before getting the shared lib function. Ben Combee
would be the best person who can enlist all the changes/tweakings
that u should do in CW settings if u are using earlier versions (
like v4.0.1).

Thanks.

-Viren