At 12:28 PM 1/6/2004, Tom Frauenhofer wrote:
I have had something similar happen to me. I start debugging, then hit a breakpoint. It has happened to me when I hit F5 (or the Run icon) or when I single-step (sometimes after several single-steps) (could be either the step inside or step over).

It's not a show-stopper for me - I can usually stop the debugging session and then start up again. The only thing is that it is usually repeatable (if it happens once, it happens again). It doesn't go away if I remove and then re-set the breakpoint. I should also point out that I do not turn on code optimization.

This has only happened when I have been debugging with POSE. I've never had it happen when I'm debugging on the device or with any of the various Palm OS Simulator flavors.

This makes me think that somehow, POSE's state has been saved with the breakpoint left in the program. CW thinks its setting/clearing the BP, but in fact, the original instruction had already been replaced with the BP with the app was loaded, so its replacing the "trap #0" instruction with another "trap #0" instruction. You should be able to see the original TRAP in a mixed or disassembly view.

--
Ben Combee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead