From: "Clive Walden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Don't get me wrong. I can do the math if I have to. Just surprised I have
to roll my own for people
> still living today.

How many applications actually want to do date math on
people back to their DoB?  While many apps will record
different significant dates (birth, graduation, marriage, etc)
these are just recorded as fixed points in time.  It's rare
that an application will need to calculate, for example, how
many days a war veteran has lived.

After all, if we're talking about missing functions I would have
thought that not providing a function to parse floats in text
was more of a deficiency than no multi-century date math.

Chris Tutty