On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 04:01:05AM -0000, Sebastian Noack wrote:

> well, I figure out what you said. But I wonder at how it is solved in
> the internal of functions like FldGetTextLength.

The headers used when compiling the OS do not use opaque structure
declarations; OS code is allowed to access the structure any way it
wants. Conversely, the headers provided by the SDK use opaque structure
declarations, and you cannot access the structure's internals.

You need to do some research on how opaque structure declarations
work in C. For example:

struct some_opaque_struct;
void do_something(some_opaque_struct*);

// This will compile, why?
void process1(some_opaque_struct* thestruct)
{
        do_something(thestruct);
}

// This will not compile, why not?
void process2(some_opaque_struct* thestruct)
{
        do_something(thestruct + 1);
}

--