Hi,

I have a program that is running fine on Palm OS 5, with successful tests on a
Tungsten T, a Treo 650, the simulator, etc.  On POSE configured as a Palm V
with OS 4.1.2, however, the emulator is reporting what it calls memory leaks.
The particular blocks of memory that are being called leaks are not, in fact,
leaking in the usual sense--that is, there are deletes for every new.  The code
in question passes through other memory leak testers (e.g. Visual C++) without
problem.

My guess is that there are limits of some kind as to the number of active
memory allocations you can have on OS 4, and that I'm exceeding them.  It's
true that my code, intended to be cross-platform C++, allocates quite a lot of
small blocks of memory using the C++ new rather than using Palm handles.

I'm having trouble finding any information about heap limitations on Palm OS 4,
and I'm finding the memory leak dumps provided by the emulator to be of limited
value.  Do any of you have suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff Ondich