> David,
>
> Long time no "talk".
>
>> I have personally tested the SD card and BT CHS units ... with complete
>> success.
>
> Maybe the SD card unit has improved since first introduced (which is when
> tried it).  How is the scanning success ratio for you?
>
> I remember scan decode times being long even when it worked, and the it
> being
> very intolerant of anything but very high quality labels.
>
> What is your experience with the usability of the SDIO scanner?
>
> Doug

Hi Doug!

The Socket SDIO scanner is definitely less responsive than a laser scanner
such as the Socket CHS or Aceeca BCS2 laser scanner.  I'd say the Socket
SDIO scanner performance is on par with the CCD scanner in the Symbol MC50
(and in fact it may even be the exact same scanning engine).

I really do like the Socket Cordless Hand Scanner (CHS) that communicates to
the PDA via Bluetooth.  Socket has put some thought into the two hand vs.
one hand problem too, as the CHS comes with a retractable lanyard so you can
just hang it off your neck when not scanning, and one end of it is a stylus
tip so you do not need to use a separate stylus on the PDA.  Rechargeable
battery life on the CHS is awesome too.

--
David Thacker
http://www.SatelliteForms.net