On 1/20/07, Alexander R. Pruss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Here's an interesting downside to calling the ARM APIs directly: I bet
it wouldn't work under StyleTap--if anybody cares.  (That said, I don't
know how good in general their support for ARM-native code is.  They
do claim to support PNOlets.)

i haven't tried to use styletap - so, unknown.

in regards to this bugfix, unless they report their device as being
a Tunsten T3 - the code should never be run. does anyone know
what stype tap returns for the device + oem features?

on a side note - 68k routines use the trap mechanism. ARM routines
use a r9 table with offset to call native functions via function pointers.
with the right coding; you could handle the ARM calls natively as well.

styletap provides a convenience for lazy developers

the reality is that windows mobile isn't that difficult to support
natively, and there are plenty of docs out there to read from. now,
i've spent the weekend homebrewing my PSP. i can tell you, its
been fun, but not something i would recommend to anyone :)

now my apps semi-run on the PSP :) just got a few things to tweak.

--
// Aaron Ardiri